The Initial Thoth course is not a beginners’ tarot course, though I do not expect you to have worked with the Thoth before. If you have that is OK, the course will still help you develop your relationship with this deck. I have outlined the main course requirements below and would like you to submit a short paragraph about yourself and your experience with the tarot.
Course requirements are:
- Basic tarot knowledge, general meanings etc.
- Knowledge of spreads
- Know how to go about a reading, connecting the cards together
- Access to the internet and email regularly
- Prepared to look at yourself – psychologically probing course (though not therapy)
- Time for the exercises and to correspond on the forum (estimate minimum 1.5 hours a week)
- A Thoth deck, any size
- The recommended book is Tarot: Mirror of the Soul by Gerd Ziegler, though you may find the following books useful if you have them:
- Keywords for the Crowley Tarot – Hajo Banzhaf and Brigitte Theler ,
- The Crowley Tarot – Akron and Hajo Banzhaf
- Tarot: Mirror of our Relationships – Gerd Ziegler
I am aware that the Ziegler books can be hard to get hold of. I recommend searching on or off line for used copies as a good source if you have trouble finding the Mirror of the Soul new.
For your application write a short paragraph stating:
- Name, address, email address for the course
- How long you have been using the tarot
- What decks you have and use
- Where you feel you are in your personal psychological development
- Why you want to come on this course
- Whether your Thoth deck has 1 or 3 magus cards
and mail it to me using the contact form below.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Clients’ Comments…..I am on Emma’s course at present and I for one can say so far what a magical journey it has been for me. Phil, our dear chairman [of TABI], persuaded me (not that I needed much 🙂 ) to get these cards. I was seriously concerned that I would have the skills to read them, so I embarked on Emma’s course. Now I am already feeling like they are true friends to me. If I feel something, an intuition, I cannot put my finger on I reach for these. If I am feeling down and do not know why I reach for these. This along with The Mirror of the Soul has been the best thing ever. I am finding my journey with the cards so good that I am finding the person I am through them. Emma and Semele who are brilliant and compassionate people, who really help you learn a deeper insight into the cards. So my recommendation would be to jump straight in on the next course and you will find a whole new world (well it is for me 🙂 ) will unveil itself.
Kristina Tarot Reader, Wales