- Do you want to learn the tarot but don’t know where to start?
- Interested in the Initial Thoth/RWS training course but don’t have the required familiarity with the tarot?
- Find online courses convenient and accessible
- Need to know the basics of tarot card reading.
This online course has been designed for you. It is aimed at people who want to go onto the initial Thoth course and learn the intuitional and psychological way of reading with the Thoth deck. The initial Thoth course will give you the grounding to be able to effectively read for yourself, so having a very flexible and portable tool to help you on your life’s journey.
I offer this course as a stand alone course and also it is not always run as a group. However it is run on a forum where previous students have posted their work so you can learn from others experience of the work even if you are the only one taking the course at the time.
It is not a psychologically delving course, though you are welcome to share your personal experiences of the cards if you wish to. The majority of the personal work takes place in the group setting of the initial Thoth course. This beginners module prepares you so you are able to get the most from the Initial course. It can be taken anytime before the course you want to go on, up to 3 weeks before the start date of the Initial course.
“I’m astounded by how much I’ve learned in the three-week Absolute Beginner course. The exercises I was assigned wisely encouraged me to interact deeply with the cards on a daily basis and to journal about them. I am learning to look more closely at a card to see the many, many things that are not so obvious at first glance, and to feel into what it says to me. I have had numerous decks over the years and enjoyed playing with them but this one has captured my heart like no other, and it’s the first time I’ve wanted to learn much more about a deck and how to use it.
Emma is a very sweet guide who validated my intuition while at the same time pointing things out that I hadn’t seen or thought about. She was very generous with her comments and time and is clearly an adept. The exercises pushed against my comfort zone to help free me to more readily trust my intuition and speak up. What was reinforced is that it really is trustworthy.
I don’t see how you can spend only two hours a week on the exercises but I also know I did more than was required by the curriculum, simply because I’m on fire with learning at the moment!
If you really are a beginner like me, this course is a great place to start. Even if you have used other decks, this one is so unique that you might want to unlearn what you knew before and start fresh! ”
– Maria, USA
The module covers the structure of the cards, the suits and elements, the courts and the majors – broadly the place of each type of card, how to ask questions of the cards effectively – with ethical considerations and how to work with spreads and linking cards together. I won’t cover specific meanings of cards but you will be working closely with the Gerd Ziegler book Tarot:Mirror of Your Soul
Please contact me on the form below to apply for a place.
It runs for 3 weeks covering 1 topics each week.
- Week 1: Structure of the Tarot
- Week 2: Asking Questions
- Week 3: Spreads .
Benefits of the course
- Individual attention from the tutor –
- Added knowledge from previous group members, their experiences and tutor’s responses to their experiences
- Qualification to apply for a place on Initial Thoth course
- Course starts when you need it
- Opportunity to ask questions of the tutor though out the course
£80 payable by direct bank transfer or through PayPal after being accepted on the course.
Course requirements are:
- Access to the internet and email regularly
- Time for the exercises (estimate minimum 2 hours a week)
- A Thoth deck, any size
- The recommended book is Tarot: Mirror of the Soul by Gerd Ziegler, though you may find the following books useful if you have them:
- Keywords for the Crowley Tarot – Hajo Banzhaf and Brigitte Theler ,
- Tarot: Mirror of our Relationships – Gerd Ziegler
I am aware that the Ziegler books can be hard to get hold of sometimes. You can try http://www.tarotchest.co.uk for deck and book sets as well as books. I recommend Amazon marketplace for used copies as a good source if you have trouble finding the Mirror of the Soul new.
For your application write a short paragraph stating:
- Name, address, email address for the course
- If you have been using the tarot at all till now, which deck if so
- Where you feel you are in your personal psychological development
- Why you want to come on this course
- Whether your Thoth deck has 1 or 3 magus cards
I look forward to hearing from you soon.